In these convulsed times that humanity is going through, we must work with all the tools that nature offers us to heal, take root and vibrate high. Gem therapy is one of them . A tool that has been used by cultures around the world for centuries.
The healing process of crystals
This therapy consists of applying the chosen gem or mineral directly above the area where you are feeling discomfort, or on the chakras , which are points of union between the body, spirituality and emotions . They are also used as a component of preparations, oils and elixirs, or simply as one more element that accompanies us in meditation .
Isn't that amazing? Thinking that an apparently simple object can help us clean our energy, attract the positive and let go of everything that doesn't vibrate as we want.
But… how do the gems alter the energies?
Magic happens through energy fields. Science has studied, through the Kirlian camera, the energy field of crystals, and found that they are similar to those of living beings. They absorb, store, transform and transmit energy from their environment.
If our energy becomes unbalanced, its atoms modify us and return us to our axis. Because... it's not magic! but science.
Harmonizing the chakras
As the Hindu tradition says: we are much more than a material body . We have an energetic structure in which there are seven points through which prana, the vital energy, flows:
- Root Chakra : Located at the base of the spine, it is related to survival and vitality.
- Sacral Chakra : It is just below the navel. It has to do with emotions, social life, creativity and pleasure.
- Solar plexus chakra : It is located on the stomach, and it is where self-discipline, intellect and motivation come together.
- Heart Chakra : It is located in the chest, and is related to love, compassion, self-acceptance and forgiveness.
- Throat Chakra : It is in the larynx, and is related to the capacity for planning, communication and wisdom.
- Third Eye Chakra : You find it between the eyebrows and it is related to intuition, self-realization and bodily abilities.
- Crown Chakra : It is located in the crown of the head, and in it the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual parts are united.
If any chakra is misaligned, it produces an emotional and even physical change . Thanks to the power of crystals, they allow us to align ourselves again to our axis and balance each blocked point.
What kind of gems can I use?
Those chosen for this therapy are many, some of my favorites are:
- Amethyst: Turns negative thoughts into positive ones and provides protection.
- White Quartz: Clean old energy and purify.
- Rose quartz: Full of feminine energy of peace, tenderness, healing, it is the gem of unconditional love.
- Tiger's Eye: Formerly used as a talisman, it brings balance and connection, as well as attracting prosperity.
- Orange calcite:: Cleaning, protection and purification.
- Sodalite: Ideal for the intellect and the will. It also harmonizes conflicting environments.
- Lapis lazuli: Cleans and protects energy centers. Related to the fifth chakra, of communication.
- Hematite: Of great help in detoxification processes.
- Citrine: Grants joy, optimism and reinforces self-esteem.
- Peridot: Opens the heart and solar plexus chakras to dissolve guilt and burdens. Boost confidence.
- Blue Topaz: Relaxes and balances emotions.
- Amber: Motivates and directs the impulses towards the objective.
- Aquamarine: Reduces stress, relaxes the mind. Ideal for sensitive people.
And although certain gems are associated with specific chakras , what better than letting ourselves be carried away by our intuition and the need of the moment?
Taking a few minutes to take them, look at them and receive the vibrations of each one to choose the ones that best suit you is an exercise that is worth it and I want to invite you to experience it in person.
Remember that a very important part of using gems is cleaning and recharging , which you can do with:
- Sunlight or moonlight
- Fire, or even through the sounds of bells or singing bowls.
Once purified, keep them with you and work with them in your daily rituals, to benefit from their vibration and frequency.
Gems and crystals can also add their properties to our famous incense. Sahumar is an ancient sacred spiritual ritual in some Native American cultures and civilizations around the world. Its aromas will give you a feeling of peace and good energy. This, you can combine with the power of each crystal or gem.
In our store, you can find white sage or rosemary incense sticks that we combine with different gems to expand their power. Ideal to accompany your rituals, clear negative energy from your home, relax your mind or attract a feeling of gratitude and confidence towards yourself.
At Vegan Expedition we want to inspire you to live in a more conscious and holistic way to live the present vibrating high.